Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Piece of the Puzzle

Friends,

In the wake of a monumental election, it is important that all of us take on the responsibilities of civic engagement. The times are tough, and much will be required of all of us. Many debates are desperately needed. I have come to believe that being "alive" in new media (like blogs) is vital to the success of a positive agenda for our community and our country.

This blog, simply "Joey," is one piece of my social networking puzzle. I am on Facebook (but not Myspace, personal decision), Blogspot, Gmail, AOL Instant Messenger, and soon Twitter and Flickr. I hope to use this space as a forum for arguments over policy, analysis of our politics, insights into culture, music, and my life.

I ask that you engage with me in the debates of our nation. Write comments, Tweet, start your own blog, get active on Facebook, and recruit your friends.

Thanks,
JF

P.S. I have chosen to include some of my previous entries that remain relevant to this new blog's purpose. Please request any old posts that you miss!

No comments: